All of our dining tables are completely customizable and handmade one at a time by Amish craftsmen in Holmes County, Ohio using a variety of local hardwoods including Red Oak, Maple, Cherry, White Oak, Elm, Hickory, and Walnut.
Table Styles with Pedestal Bases:
Pedestal Tables have a wide range of standard sizes depending on the specific base style.
Tables need to be at least 42" wide for chairs to fit comfortably around the base.
- Popular sizes include:
- 42" wide x 54" long = seats 4 (can self store 2 leaves)
- 44" wide x 66" long = seats 6 (can self store up to 4 leaves, depending on shape of top) -see Carlisle Table
- 42-48" wide x 72" long = seats 6 (can self store up to 4 leaves, depending on shape of top) - see Biltmore Table
- Each leaf adds 12" to the length of the table.
- Solid or when Extended with Leaves:
- 42" wide x 66" long = seats 6
- 44" wide x 90" long = seats 8-10
- 42-48" wide x 120" long = seats 12
- Tables can be built with 6-10 leaves if you have a large space to open it up for a crowd. These leaves will not self store in the table. Please contact us to discuss this custom option.
- Table tops are standard 1" thick for all smooth, not distressed styles. The smooth tops can be custom built at 1.25" or 1.5" thick.
- Smooth table tops can be Rectangle, Sabre, Oval or Boat Shaped.
- Smooth tops can feature a variety of table edges, including beveled, eased, or rounded in a handrail style.
- Distressed, Settler's Plank Tops are standard at 1.25" or 1.5" thick.
- Distressed tops feature saw marks, plank grooves, worn corners, and hand hewn edges.